Kwefaako is a verb in Luganda, a local dialect in Uganda that means to care for one another. The SACCO is a concerted effort by a group of friends who came together and started saving as a way of bonding. The sole purpose was to see each member grow and develop with the support of a genuine friendship support structure. It was through this conviction that Kwefaako Development Initiative (KDI) Savings and Credit Cooperative Organization (SACCO) was established on the 1st of June, 2016. The SACCO is located along Katwe Road on Afua Katende Building opposite Jamila House, Makindye Division, Kampala District.
The core mandate of the SACCO is to impact lives through enhancing small business growth thereby creating employment opportunities for the youths, women and other vulnerable groups while instilling a working and saving culture amongst its members. The SACCO is located at plot 877 Katwe – Muwanga zone and it has been serving approximately 1004 members, of which 593(59%) are female and 411(41%) are male. 150(15%) of these members are aged 0yrs to 25yrs , 422(42%) are 25yrs to 35yrs and 432(43%) are above 35yrs. KDI is mandated to give back to the community in form of community financial sensitization, trainings and community volunteering. We work together with our target communities with a goal of creating a tremendous change in the lives of the people around us.
To be the leading social, savings and investment group in Uganda.
To improve the social and Economic well-being of members and the community through provision of products and services that meet members' social and economic needs.
Our Core Values
- Team work
- Achieve stable and sustainable financial growth.
- Ensure that women, men, girls and boys have full and effective participation in leadership at all levels of decision making at KDI.
- Ensure that women, men, girls and boys have equal opportunities in the economic and social activities at kdi.
- Ensure that most of vulnerable members of KDI have access to protection services
- Ensure environment protection through sensitization, recycling and tree planting in KDI operational areas annually.
- Enhance good governance and leadership framework to support the envisioned business growth.
- To recruit, develop and maintain a competent and a highly motivated workforce to deliver services to the community.
- Recruit and maintain quality membership
- Improve internal business processes and systems for efficient and effective service delivery.
- Improve the brand and image of the Sacco
- Review and design new products and services to address social and financial needs of members and the community.